Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Tree Bokeh

I never knew that this word even existed until about two years ago and I saw it on a blog around Christmastime.  I create my own bokeh with my squinty eyes every year when I'm putting lights on the Christmas tree.  It helps to see where the holes are in my tree and shows me where I need to put some lights on it.  Does anybody else do that or am I just weird?  Hmmm. 

Anyway, I got a new lens this year for my birthday.  It's a 50mm prime lens with a 1.8 f/stop.  I love it and boy does it help create some bokeh!  I set up a little studio in my family room so I could try it out the other day and I am loving how my shots turned out.  The kids were at school so my subject had to be something else.  Our mini-weinie dog volunteered to help me out.  At first I was going to use one of my Nutcrackers but she insisted that I photograph her instead.  :)   She's so helpful.    

 
 
Look at that bokeh!  Not too much blur but just enough.  Let's go in a little closer.  

 
Love this one.  So sparkly and fuzzy and almost sort of magical.  The lights almost melt into one another.  Yeah, I guess the dog is kinda cute, too.  If you like dogs and all.   She was getting bored at this point and decided to lay down for a bit. 

I am sure I will take more pictures of the tree as Christmas day is approaching but I had fun playing with my camera and getting a couple of good bokeh shots.  Do you play pretend photographer at your house?  Any good Christmas tree bokeh tips you want to share with me? 

No comments:

Post a Comment