Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Tree times Five!

Our house gets loaded up on Christmas trees this time of year!  We have trees in the kitchen, the family room, the dining room, and this year a new tabletop tree went in the foyer on my antique vanity.  Plus, the kids have their own trees in their rooms.  Except a certain little boy decided that he was not a baby any more and didn't want Thomas the Tank engine ornaments on his tree.  Humf!  He thinks he's so big, now!  So I'm not going to count his naked fiber optic tree in my Christmas tree round up this year.  Oh well. 

Our family room is the only room that gets a real tree.  We load up the kids and head to Lowes to pick out our 6-7 foot Frazier Fir every year.  We always get one of these trees and I love the smell of a real Christmas tree in the house. 

 
 
I love how full this years tree is.  He looks pretty good with just the lights on.  But I loaded him up with all our favorite ornaments.  We are big Disney World fans and on every trip we each get a new Christmas ornament.  All the Disney ornaments go on this tree. 
 



 
 
My favorites are probably the very first ones that the kids got on their very first trip in 2004.  They were so little but we made such wonderful memories on that trip and these ornaments are very special to me! 
 
 

Of course, every ornament on this tree is special to me for one reason or another.  Here are some of my other special ornaments. 



 

 

This tree is what makes our home feel like Christmas to me!  This is also the tree where Santa always leaves his presents for the children.  We always have a family photo taken in front of this tree on Christmas Eve! 
 
Our dining room tree is a somewhat skinny tree and is the tree that everyone who drives by our home can see at night all lit up!  It's perfect for this room.   It's all decorated in vintage glass ornaments as I mentioned in this post the other day.  I love all the colors in this tree and in this room. 
 



I even try to match my gift wrapping to go with the theme of this tree and I love how it all compliments each other. 
 
 
 
Our little girl's tree is a brand new tree this year.  She had a little 1 foot pink Barbie tree for years but it felt way too small in her new room last year so we decided it was time to get a bigger tree.  We bought this pre-lit white 4 foot tree after Christmas last year at Wal-Mart and it really fits her room well.  She has had a lot of these ornaments since she was a baby. 
 

This Care Bear ornament was her favorite thing one year at Target.  She kept going over to the ornament aisle every time we would go to Target and she kept asking for it.  It really wasn't what I wanted to go on her tree at the time but I finally caved and got it for her.  Now I think back to that memory and could almost cry every time I picture her little 3 year old self picking it up and admiring it.  I'm so glad she has it!  Even though it's a little embarassing to her now I think she secretly still loves it, too! 

Our girl was born on December 11th so we had a ton of  "Baby's 1st Christmas" ornaments.  We still use a lot of them on our family tree but I let her put a few of them on her tree.  This one is extra cute!




Her tree is adorable and she loves it! I let her decorate it all by herself she did a wonderful job placing each ornament in the perfect spot.  Merry Christmas from our favorite girl! 

 
One last picture is the little tabletop tree that is in our foyer as you walk into our front door.  It is so sweet and I picked up the colors from the dining room to decorate it.  Nothing too fancy but a little touch of Christmas to greet you at our front entry way! 
 
 


I already gave a little peek of our kitchen Christmas tree here in the post I wrote about my new tree skirt.  All of those ornaments are handmade by the children and we've had some of them for several years.  It looks so cute in the kitchen and is such a sweet little tree! 

What do you think?  Too many trees or not enough?  My sweet PB thinks I'm crazy, probably, for putting up this many trees but he doesn't say a word.  He lets me have fun with all of it! 

I'm linking up with the fun party over at:

christmas tree party

Merry Christmas, y'all!





No comments:

Post a Comment