Friday, November 2, 2012

Scratch it off!

I am a procrastinator.  I admit it.  I have good reasons why I put things off, though.  Especially when it's projects that have to be done outside.  Rain definitely hurts me when I want to mark something off of my to do list.  Back in August I had made this list in an attempt to get these things done quickly.  I guess that taking two months to cross off two things isn't all that bad, is it? 

I am able to scratch off a big one this time...paint PB's barn!  Yeah!  I had to pick out a color and just get to painting.  Rain held me off for a couple of days after I had finally picked out the color.  Then, it was ready to be primed and painted.  Before I get to my "after" picture I guess I should show you my "before" picture.



Beautiful, right?  It had definitely seen better days.  The rotten wood was getting worse every time it rained.  So this past spring PB and my stepdad replaced all the wooden siding and made two large doors for PB to ride his lawnmower into the barn. 


It has sat like this for several months waiting for me to paint it.  But now it looks like this: 



I think it looks so much better!  The turquoise door color is a fun pop of color for the back yard and I am planning on painting our front door this same color in the next week or so.  I am planning on putting some decorative planters on the little stoop area and maybe add some chairs out there to make it look more like a cottage than a barn.  PB is not so sure about my plans but he wasn't so sure about the turquoise either and now he thinks it looks great! 

What do you think?  Should I add some decorative elements around the front door to make it look less like a storage room/barn?  How about some colorful adirondacks on either side?  I think the kids would love hanging out back here with their neighborhood friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment