Friday, August 31, 2012

1 Down!

I mentioned a few days ago about my to do list that I was needing to work on.  Well, I am happy to report that I can scratch through one of those items.  I finished up the trim paint in my master bathroom.  Yeah, me!  I had originally painted the walls in there a little over a month ago and just never got around to painting the trim.  This is a pretty small space so it really wasn't going to take much time.  Yesterday, I finally broke out the paint brush, ladder, and paint bucket and got to painting.   Here are my before pictures: 




The walls were a lovely mint green and there was also a very functional glass shower door.  The wall color wasn't the worst in the world but I really wanted something a little more "me" in here.   PB removed the glass shower door and now I am able to use my "B" monogrammed shower curtain that I ordered from Ballard Designs catalog four years ago.  I still love it! Plus, I was getting tired of trying to keep the track to the glass shower door clean.  I was fighting what seemed to be a losing battle with it.  Now I can just clean the tub itself and not have to worry about trying to scoop out the gunk that always seemed to hunker down in the track.  Yuck!  I know, I know...TMI! 

Are you ready for the after pictures of our newly finished master bathroom?  Here ya go:



 

I love how it all turned out.  This color is called Wicket and is a nice greenish-gray color.  It compliments the tile floor in here and looks awesome next to all the white trim. 

After looking at these pics I'm thinking I might need to paint the chair that goes in between our sinks.  Hmmm...maybe I need to add that to my never ending list.  What do you think?  Should I paint the chair or leave it stained?   

No comments:

Post a Comment